Default Way to go Ford/GE

On Wed, 1 Apr 2020 19:03:23 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 4/1/20 4:53 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

That be all true but if there is anything to be learned from this
covid-19 thing, we need to pay attention to the items we rely upon
others to make and sell to us.

Anything to do with national security should be made here with
some licensing authority for other "friendly" nations or allies.

Same with pharmaceuticals.Â* They need to be made here.Â* It
friggin' amazes me that the VA buys most of it's medications
from China.

China and others can make television sets, cheap computers and
cell phones if they want.Â* Some car parts also.Â* They are not
a threat to national security.

"National Security" is far from the only "issue" of importance. We spend
at least a trillion dollars, including on budget and hidden budget
items, on "National Security," and the amount we are spending is only
going up. We spend multiples of any our possible military adversaries
spend. Do you military acolytes really believe the Russians or the
Chinese have their eyes on Topeka?

A big part of that budget is all of those Davis Bacon jobs.

I wonder how this "Golden Rebirth of U.S. Manufacturing" you advocate
will come about, in the absence of serious governmental regulations,
controls, and additional tariffs, and those will result in smaller
markets for our products. Mind you, I'm all in favor of American workers
being able to get and hold high-paying jobs with good benefits, but just
how is it supposed to happen? Do you presume U.S. corporations will give
up their enormous profits and exec benefits?

I am not surprised you don't want to admit it but your buddy who wipes
his dick on intern's dresses after he ****s them in the face is the
one who established the policies that promote this. NAFTA, WTO etc.
That is not surprising tho. Lots of things that made corporate CEOs
filthy rich got started in the 90s. You folks called it "The Clinton
Prosperity". That lasted until we figured out how much was shady
bookkeeping and pure fraud.