Mr. Luddite[_4_] Mr. Luddite[_4_] is offline

Default Abbot Labs

On 3/30/2020 7:12 PM, Alex wrote:
Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 3/29/2020 5:47 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

Wow.

Abbot Labs has developed a super fast covid-19 test machine
that produces test results in 5 minutes.

They are shipping 50,000 of them a week.

Whoops.Â* Got that wrong.Â* It's not 50K machines.

The machines they make use test kits that Abbot Labs makes.
The company will start shipping the test kits next week
and will be ramping up to 50K test kits a *day* (not a week).

That's still a big achievement!

Could be life saving.

Hey, I have a question. Been busy with stuff today and
haven't paid a lot of attention to the latest covid-19
stuff.

I understand that Doc Birx says current models point to
up to 2.2 million deaths if people do *nothing* in terms
of following CDC recommendations and 100K to 200K deaths
if people do things perfectly.

Is she talking world-wide or just in the USA?

Right now there are about 750K reported confirmed
cases world wide and about 37K deaths. Again,
that's world-wide.

If her predictions of 100k-200k deaths in the USA
by itself and under the best of conditions ...
that is mind-blowing.

https://www.avg.com