Justan Ohlphart[_3_] Justan Ohlphart[_3_] is offline

Default General Motors

Keyser Soze Wrote in message:
On 3/27/20 7:56 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote: On 3/27/2020 7:35 PM, Tim wrote: Mr. Luddite - show quoted text - Take a chill pill. Or maybe you've already taken too many? First of all, it's not like GM or Ford or Tesla has to start from scratch. The POTUS under the Defense Production Act can order the design drawings, manufacturing procedures, bills of material with sources from any current manufacturer to be given to GM, Ford or Tesla. What the auto manufacturers bring to the table is manufacturing capacity. Second, I am surprised to see you dumping on the Donald in this case. It was GM (big business, remember?) who was trying to extort and take advantage of a national crisis. +IBw - show quoted text - I+IBk-m surprised that someone like Toyota or Honda hasn+IBk-t already put them into production. Or the people who make CPAC machines for that matter Toyota or Honda could probably do it but I am not sure they fall under the Defense Production Act. Maybe the US plants do. The key isn't a need to re-invent the wheel. The key is manufacturing capacity and space to do it, something the auto manufacturers have. Issue here is that GM, Ford and Tesla offered without being asked or directed to by invoking the act. GM apparently reneged somewhat, lowering how many they could build and upping the price. Remains to be seen what Ford and Tesla does. The reality is, the Trump Administration is not being transparent on this issue, and therefore we don't know what transpired between Trump and GM. Just today, he apparently told Pence not to call the governors of at least two states regarding the virus because they didn't "appreciate" him.

Which begs the question , If Fat Harry doesn't know what
transpired how does he known Trump hasn't been transparent? Fat
Harry needs to engage his brain before he lets crap fly from his
keyboard.
--
..

----Android NewsGroup Reader----