Bill[_12_] Bill[_12_] is offline

Default Socialized medicine

Justan Ohlphart wrote:
On 3/25/2020 5:56 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 3/25/20 5:49 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 3/25/2020 5:25 PM, John wrote:
On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 17:12:25 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 3/25/2020 4:55 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 16:25:11 -0400, John wrote:

Is that the way to go?

"https://apnews.com/7ec91dc45d8d7c2ea86b0a97446a303a

‘We are collapsing’: Virus pummels medics in Spain and Italy

"Spain’s universal health care system is a source of national
pride and often
hailed as a reason for its citizens’ legendary longevity, but the
outbreak is
exposing its shortcomings, some of which are the result of years
of budget
cuts."

--

===

It's a very real risk, especially in areas with high population
density or thin medical resources.Â* We have good friends and neighbors
with a son who is an MD in Vermont, not exactly a high population
state.Â* Nevertheless he was diagnosed positive today and will have to
quarentine of course.Â* He has a wife and children who are also at
risk.

Hope they make out ok.

Been noticing that many of the states that have had very few
confirmed cases are now starting to uptick a bit.

It seems to be impossible to expect that social distance type
rules are going to prevent this from spreading everywhere.
We may need to get used to the fact that the majority of people
across the nation are eventually going to become infected.

On March 4th Massachusetts had 2 confirmed cases.
It now has 1159.

You probably won't, but try going here and clicking on the different
dates in
the scale above the map. You'll see how the US is changing with
regard to cases
in each state.

http://ncov.bii.virginia.edu/dashboa...hDW6GbdBdCH-jk

Why wouldn't I?Â*Â* That's where I just got the data for Massachusetts.
I've been visiting that website regularly since you first suggested it.

I've gotten a perverse kick out of what
happened in Florida and what is about to happen in Tennessee.

You are one sick puppy Fat Harry.

He may see it first hand in Maryland. But maybe the basement is isolation
enough.