John[_6_] John[_6_] is offline

Default Socialized medicine

On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 16:55:56 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 16:25:11 -0400, John wrote:

Is that the way to go?

"https://apnews.com/7ec91dc45d8d7c2ea86b0a97446a303a

‘We are collapsing’: Virus pummels medics in Spain and Italy

"Spain’s universal health care system is a source of national pride and often
hailed as a reason for its citizens’ legendary longevity, but the outbreak is
exposing its shortcomings, some of which are the result of years of budget
cuts."

--

===

It's a very real risk, especially in areas with high population
density or thin medical resources. We have good friends and neighbors
with a son who is an MD in Vermont, not exactly a high population
state. Nevertheless he was diagnosed positive today and will have to
quarentine of course. He has a wife and children who are also at
risk.

Best wishes for him. Hopefully he's not over 70 with a few other problems!
--

Freedom Isn't Free!