Mr. Luddite[_4_] Mr. Luddite[_4_] is offline

Default Some of why the Dems object...

On 3/23/2020 5:19 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:

...to the GOP bill in the Senate:

• McConnell’s bill includes a $500,000,000,000.00 corporate slush fund
for CEOs and the ultra rich — while leaving workers, families and
children out to dry.

• McConnell’s bill has weak stock buyback language that can be waived by
the Treasury Secretary; executive compensation limits only last for two
years; language on worker retention is weak and includes easy outs for
companies; there are no assurances in the language that workers will
benefit.

• The bill provides little transparency of the lending done by Treasury
(amount and to whom?).

• There are no specific provisions to protect from individuals from
eviction, foreclosure or forbearance.

• No money for state and local governments.

• No additional SNAP funds.

• No OSHA language to protect workers.

• No expanded emergency leave provisions.

• Only 3 months on Unemployment Insurance – this is an insufficient
length given the scope of the crisis.

• No money to help with the treatment of the uninsured.

• The bill does not provide adequate relief for the 44 million federal
student loan borrowers.”

I know you are trying. I won't try to refute any of your list (above)
right now although I think you are in error or
overstating/misinterpreting some for effect.

But please explain to me why things like tax incentives for wind mill
farms, emission standards for aircraft by 2024, carbon tax credits,
Planned Parenthood funding (unrelated to coronavirus crisis) and
a multitude of other favorite Democrat programs and initiatives have
anything to do with the emergency stimulus bill that the
Democrats have blocked.

These and many more amendments that Pelosi's soon to come bill include
and are slowly leaking out to the press and the public.

Good luck in November.

https://www.avg.com