Adorable Deplorable Adorable Deplorable is offline

Default Dow futures...

On Thu, 19 Mar 2020 10:39:44 -0400, wrote:

On 19 Mar 2020 12:20:15 GMT, Keyser Soze wrote:

US stock futures
U.S. equity markets pared losses at the end of trading Wednesday. Activity
in the overnight futures market suggests further volatility is in play.
Dow futures tumbled more than 700 points Wednesday night, pointing to
another volatile start to trading in New York.
The U.S. dollar index broke 100.00 for the first time in almost three
years. The fastest bear market in history shows no signs of abating anytime
soon. In the near term, this means an even stronger dollar.
The strength of the greenback proves once again that cash is king in times
of crisis. Unfortunately, this could stoke another liquidity crisis – in
foreign exchange markets, no less.

The dollar is only as strong as the faith in the fed and when they are
printing money out of thin air to sell bonds nobody will buy at zero
percent interest people could lose faith in the fed and the dollar.

We better rethink this "close everything" mentality while there is
still a country to save. The market is dropping $500-1000 a day, real
unemployment is around 30%, maybe higher right now in construction and
the service sector. When are we going to figure out the financial
danger is higher than the virus danger?

I am actually encouraged when I hear medical professionals are
catching this virus. Maybe they will be over it by the time they
really start getting slammed. You really don't want them sick when the
hospitals are at 120% capacity. I am also not that concerned that the
kids are out there catching this stuff ... for the same reason.
Somebody needs to be healthy to run the world in a month or so when
this has swept the country and everyone else is sick.

Your comments really do not help my disposition!
--

Freedom Isn't Free!