Adorable Deplorable Adorable Deplorable is offline

Default Bad news

On Thu, 19 Mar 2020 07:55:02 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 3/19/2020 7:27 AM, Adorable Deplorable wrote:
On Wed, 18 Mar 2020 21:41:37 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 18 Mar 2020 19:56:15 -0400, Adorable Deplorable
wrote:

On Wed, 18 Mar 2020 16:59:27 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 3/18/2020 4:37 PM, Adorable Deplorable wrote:

Just found out my daughter's husband just got his hours cut to zero and will
have no income. Six kids. ****.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

This fiasco is hitting people fast. Hopefully the stimulus package
that includes checks to people, some loan payment moratoriums,
infusion of money to the SBA and bootstrapping state unemployment
benefits will help people out for a while.

I have a nephew who manages a construction company. He was told
to lay everyone off because the covid-19 thing is affecting
the construction business big time.

If you hear anything about how one gets help from the stimulus package, let me
know. Right now they're in a state of shock. This came with no notice
whatsoever.

Don't get too excited. They are only talking about a check for
$1000-5000. That won't run most families for more than a week or two.
Then what?

Maybe it just helps get over the shock.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

Buys food for a family for a while. Last I heard Congress was thinking
of two checks ... one early April and another in May. Haven't heard how
it all shook out though.

Apparently some of the mortgage lenders are going to allow a delay or temporary
reduction in mortgage payments also. And I'm sure he'll be applying for
unemployment benefits, whatever those are. With six kids it won't be easy.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!