Mr. Luddite[_4_] Mr. Luddite[_4_] is offline

Default Some good news for a change

On Mon, 16 Mar 2020 11:46:23 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 16 Mar 2020 06:58:29 -0400, Adorable Deplorable
wrote:

On Sun, 15 Mar 2020 20:17:02 -0400,
wrote:

On Sun, 15 Mar 2020 14:43:59 -0400, Adorable Deplorable
wrote:

On Sun, 15 Mar 2020 14:16:30 -0400,
wrote:

On Sun, 15 Mar 2020 08:59:01 -0400, Adorable Deplorable
wrote:

On Sat, 14 Mar 2020 20:44:28 -0400,
wrote:

On Sat, 14 Mar 2020 18:24:02 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 3/14/2020 4:59 PM,
wrote:

On Sat, 14 Mar 2020 14:10:24 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

I'm
not. I'm just pointing out that the sharks will be making big money off
this virus.

Congress just piled up $8.5 billion in the street. Don't you think
they intended for someone to come get it? If we were still waiting for
the government, we wouldn't have any kits.

And Congress (and Trump) are about to make up to another $50 billion
available.

Tests for corinavirus will be free.

Meanwhile, over in South Korea where they've been testing away,
something like 91 percent of the tests have been negative.

Sounds like a huge waste of money unless the test also looks for C-19
antibodies, indicating you have licked it and you are no longer a
problem.

I like Luddite's idea:

Feel like ****, test is negative, go to bed for two weeks.

Feel like ****, test is positive, go to bed for two weeks.

I suppose a test in the early stages would help folks decide to go home for two
weeks even if they didn't feel bad. But from what I've heard, folks without
symtoms should not be clogging up the lines.

The only value the test would have for me is to see if it is still
safe to go to my FIL's house but I wouldn't want to give him any kind
of crud, C-19, the flu or just a nasty cold. I am really not sure what
he would do if I got sick tho. I bet it is just a matter of time
before Meals on Wheels shuts down and he is really not supposed to be
driving himself.

If you can't drive, you can't drive. But, if you're able to drive and positive,
I'd mask up and take him the food. Just don't kiss him and make sure your hands
are clean!

I am sure that is what I would do, if I had to just leave it in the
driveway.

A lady on one of the other newsgroups had an interesting idea. How do
UV sanitizers work on viruses and is there an easy way to make one?
Maybe Richard has some experience with heavy duty UV light sources and
the appropriate enclosure.

What would you sanitize with it? Sanitizing your hands at home still leaves you
able to pick up the virus from door handles, shopping carts, other food folks
have picked up and put back, and on and on. You'd surely not be carrying your UV
apparatus and zapping everything in the store you were about to touch.

I was thinking more about stuff that gets delivered to your house
while you are hunkered down. It doesn't help much to stay home if the
virus is coming in the door from a delivery man who is all over town
collecting god knows what. How often does he wash his hands?
Maybe that threat is minimal but then how much of all of this is
overblown? Logic seems to have left the building.

149 people in a room is safe but 251 is dangerous and now illegal?
Come on now.

I think it's all based statistical data and the probability on one
person infecting "X" number of people.

It's a case that supports the mass testing of everyone.

https://www.avg.com