Its Me Its Me is offline

Default Stupidity

On Thursday, March 12, 2020 at 6:03:25 PM UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
Just read a notice from the school department in the town we live in.

Seems the school sponsored 21 kids from grades 4-7 to attend
the Utah Jazz vs Celtics basketball game last Friday night
at the Boston Garden.

The kids also met the players and participated in pre-game
events.

Since then, one of the Jazz players was confirmed to have the
coronavirus. It was confirmed yesterday.

So now, all those kids who came close to the Jazz player are going into
a 14 day quarantine period. The school and all the buses are going to
be "deep" cleaned and sanitized.

The risk of going to a place with large crowds was well known last
week. The stupidity rests in the school system administration.

Meanwhile, all professional basketball games nation-wide have been
cancelled for the remainder of the season.

The CEO/Chairman of the company sent a company wide email today announcing a "work from home if you can" policy for the next 3 weeks. No travel unless approved by a VP. Only travel for business essential (sales/implementation) folks.

Looks like I'll be home except for a couple short days a week for the next 3.