Default Grand Princess

On Sat, 7 Mar 2020 19:08:11 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 3/6/2020 11:45 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 6 Mar 2020 20:33:21 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

I go to a local Quest Diagnostics place for blood work before any
appointments I have with my VA primary care NP. The VA contracts
all the bloodwork through Quest. They turn the results around in a
day and forward them to my VA primary care person.

Great place. Nurses are super friendly and competent.
They like vets for some reason.

===

That's been my experience also. Check-ins are computerized, quick and
efficient. Also, appointment times actually mean something.

Last time I went (back in October) I wanted to get the blood drawn
early in the morning because I had other things to do that day.

Quest opens a 6 am. I arrived five minutes early but they let
me in anyway. Drew 5 or 6 vials of blood and I was in my truck
heading home by 6:02 am.

My problem is they seem to have a problem sending results to my healthcare
group. But PAMF, my group, has their own labs and they are as good as
Quest drawing blood.

Strange. Here it is almost instantaneously.
Sometimes my PA has my results the next morning, online. There are
really only 2 labs here (Quest and Labcorp) and they are both
connected to the 2 big medical conglomerates (Lee Memorial and Naples
Hospital). Between them they have almost every doctor in town and most
have cross privileges. It does make it easy for insurance tho. They
are either "in" or they don't want to do business here.
Aetna is trying to scratch out a living with a few doctors available
to them but UHC is plugged in everywhere. No hard decision necessary
there. BCBS is somewhere in the middle I think.