Default Grand Princess

On Sat, 7 Mar 2020 08:29:33 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 3/6/2020 11:45 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 6 Mar 2020 20:33:21 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

I go to a local Quest Diagnostics place for blood work before any
appointments I have with my VA primary care NP. The VA contracts
all the bloodwork through Quest. They turn the results around in a
day and forward them to my VA primary care person.

Great place. Nurses are super friendly and competent.
They like vets for some reason.

===

That's been my experience also. Check-ins are computerized, quick and
efficient. Also, appointment times actually mean something.

Last time I went (back in October) I wanted to get the blood drawn
early in the morning because I had other things to do that day.

Quest opens a 6 am. I arrived five minutes early but they let
me in anyway. Drew 5 or 6 vials of blood and I was in my truck
heading home by 6:02 am.

I usually get there around 11 and I am still in and out in 15 minutes
most of the time, without an appointment. The thing I like is they are
usually painless with the stabbing. I do have "good veins" tho. I have
had lots of experience with this. When I was a kid I was in a heart
study at Georgetown for several years and I had blood pulled 9-10
times a year. That was old school too. The vacuum cylinders came right
near the end. I always watch. I can tell right away how this is going
to go. Last time I never felt a thing.