Default SKS anyone?

On Fri, 6 Mar 2020 11:17:45 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

I remember getting them in a 5 lot for $79.00 a piece. That was in the 80s. And two years ago my son said he found a like new copy for 300. I said BUY IT!!!

Yes this is about the going rate. It’s not a bargain but it’s fair

It makes me wonder what ever happened to the 2 million "thumbhole" AKs
that were imported during Clinton's ban?
I know after the frenzy died down, around the turn of the century,
they were popping up for $200/offer. A little shopping might get you
one for $150.
I never got the SKS thing although I know they can be converted to use
an AK mag. I just don't know how hard it is to do.
I never really had the Chinese gun thing at all tho. I am not an AR
guy either. I like forged steel and walnut.