Mr. Luddite[_4_] Mr. Luddite[_4_] is offline

Default Media Hysteria

On 2/25/2020 6:11 PM, wrote:
On 25 Feb 2020 22:14:05 GMT, Keyser Soze wrote:

wrote:

On Tue, 25 Feb 2020 13:06:07 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

The "Confucius Say" jokes weren't a "thing" in my crowd growing up,
they were offensive, and they weren't culturally relevant

Interesting you are using politically correct 70s and 80 words to
describe something that went on in the 50s an early sixties. I call
bull****. You are not the only person I know from New Haven.

That you know someone from New Haven doesn’t mean he or she was someone I
knew or who hung out with my circle of friends or friends of friends. We
were a diverse group. The president of my senior high school class was a
black guy. Lots of us dated multiracially. Two of my closest friends were
immigrants, one from Hungary and the other from Cuba.

Uh Huh.

Harry forgets I attended high school in the New Haven area in the
mid to late 60's.

The students in the school I attended came from a wide range
of backgrounds. Many had upper middle class to "rich" families with a
high percentage of parents being professionals .... doctors, lawyers,
business owners, etc. Not all, of course; the demographics also
included students from families of lessor financial means.

I also had friends and dated girls from surrounding schools and towns,
including New Haven proper. At least two of the girls I dated were
minorities although I didn't realize or even consider that. They were
just attractive with great personalities.

I don't recall *anyone* having PC issues with "Confucius Say" jokes
in those days.

Harry must have "hung out" with a *very* special and unique group,
consistent with everything else he does or has experienced.

That's why I say, "Bull ****".