Default SOTU address

On Wed, 5 Feb 2020 13:02:58 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 2/5/20 12:39 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 2/5/2020 12:30 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 2/5/20 12:26 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 5 Feb 2020 10:28:37 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

Limbaugh is a pig. Just another transplant to the south,

If you think Missouri is the south.

Limbaugh still lives in Florida, right? That would make him a
transplant to the south.

Rural Missouri was pretty "southern" when I lived there...racist,
rednecky, backwards, et cetera. Haven't been there, except to a
meeting or two in St. Louis in years.

Of course you only make disparaging comments like this remotely from the
safety of your room, alarm systems, guns and the computer or whatever
you use to post.

Would you say the same face to face to a native "rural Missouri" resident?

Didn't think so.

I not only said it, I wrote about it. For publication. So did others at
the paper who were interested in helping rural Missouri come out of the
post-Civil War stone age. Missouri was not a "southern state" in that
war, but many then wanted it to be and acted as if it were. Mind you, I
wasn't knocking the rural-agrarian mindset, which I appreciated and
still do. Back then, the state was having a really difficult time
attracting good professionals (doctors, lawyers, engineers, skilled
workers, et cetera) outside of KCMO, St. Louis, and Columbia.

Cape Girardeau is a town on the border with Illinois so it is not
exactly southern. Perhaps if you go south west towards Arkansas or
Oklahoma it might get a bit more southern.