Adorable Deplorable Adorable Deplorable is offline

Default Corporate Greed kills...

On Tue, 04 Feb 2020 19:41:35 -0500, wrote:

On Tue, 4 Feb 2020 09:29:26 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

...a local restaurant.

We have a nice, family owned chain of three Italian restaurants here,
Mama Lucia's, with stores in Dunkirk, Prince Frederick and Chesapeake
Beach. Good pizza for the mid-Atlantic area, and some Italian entrees.

The Prince Frederick store just closed after five years there. Huge rent
increase from the landlord, to $15,000 a month. This was a small family
restaurant. Crikey. Restaurant owners just said, "screw it," so now the
restaurant spot is empty. Going to take a long time to find a new tenant
at those prices.

All you city folk moved out there and jacked up real estate prices,
what do you expect? BTW how do you even know there was any greed
involved. Did you look at his taxes and other government fees? What
was the last price the property sold for and when? What is it worth if
he sold it now?

BTW I think that was the place I wanted you to meet up with us the
last time I was up there. The food was good.

This 'small, family restaurant' is part of a chain of six restaurants. It's not like poor mama and
papa are being run off.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!