Bill[_12_] Bill[_12_] is offline

Default Small generator for the pontoon

Keyser Soze wrote:
On 2/1/20 10:45 AM, wrote:
On Fri, 31 Jan 2020 19:44:07 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

I’ve been looking and this doesn’t look bad. 900w about 45 lb and will
power mist small things. Seeing my merc 115 has only about a 10a
charging system, it doesn’t leave much room for extras. I figure this
would do the job. Pack this with a 20a battery charger, and I’ll have
plenty for lights etc. tech has come a long way. It’s gotten great
reviews. It’s cheap and I’m liking it.

https://www.harborfreight.com/900-Wa...CABEgJtLPD_BwE

===

The only issue I see is noise, and possibly long term durability. Over
the long term you might be happier with something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/WEN-56125i-1250-Watt-Generator-Compliant/dp/B074H5HGSX

I think its a 4 stroke which would be another plus.

Guy I know has a little Yamaha genny he bought as a refurb unit on
Amazon. Very quiet, runs his camp refrigerator, lights, radios, fans, et
cetera. I think he paid about $300 for it.

You have to know which Yamaha. Costco was selling Yamaha 2000 generators
for I think $600. They did not have the Yamaha engine. My 2000i Yamaha is
a nice unit. Had to clean the carb once as the fuel gelled and was a bitch
to,start.