Tim Tim is offline

Default Small generator for the pontoon

On Fri, 31 Jan 2020 19:44:07 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

I’ve been looking and this doesn’t look bad. 900w about 45 lb and will power mist small things. Seeing my merc 115 has only about a 10a charging system, it doesn’t leave much room for extras. I figure this would do the job. Pack this with a 20a battery charger, and I’ll have plenty for lights etc. tech has come a long way. It’s gotten great reviews. It’s cheap and I’m liking it.

https://www.harborfreight.com/900-Wa...CABEgJtLPD_BwE

===

The only issue I see is noise, and possibly long term durability. Over
the long term you might be happier with something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/WEN-56125i-1250-Watt-Generator-Compliant/dp/B074H5HGSX

I think its a 4 stroke which would be another plus.

——-

Yes, and by studying other reviews I’m learning a lot more about these. Yes the tailgatir is cheap on sale for 105. Bucks. And there’s lesser powered for 79.

Not that my power demands would be much but quietness is a great advantage. also minimal vibration is a factor too. The old 5 will be noisy enough as it is.