Harry Krause

Default Winter Boat Projects...who's got some?

JR North wrote:

Oh, yeah. A 4000 GPH bilge pump upgrade (2-2k Rules, one
forward and one aft) With a new control system. Completing
the Bimini Top rear and side curtains. That should keep me
busy a little while.
JR

Harry Krause wrote:

I'll start. I need at least four more fishing rod holders on Yo Ho, and
I think I'll attach a Fentress holder on the starboard side of the rear
cabin bulkhead, building it out with Starboard so I can install some
rubber rod tip holders on the lip of the cabin top.

I also need to make a chain snubber for the anchor chain. I've got a
snubber of sorts on the bow pulpit, but I really don't trust it, so I
think I'll splice up a couple of feet of 1/2" line to a cleat and a snap
shackle as a backup.

I also want to wire the 12V refrigerator/freezer to its own AGM battery.

I need to get these done before mid-November, which is when I'm planning
to store Yo Ho for the winter.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.

Fortunately, I bought a bimini with the boat. I'd love to get a full
cover for Yo Ho to keep the UV away when she's stowed during the season,
but the quotes I got for a two-piece cover were $2500 to $3000. I have
no skills in the area of canvas cover making.

There's a worker at the dealer's boatyard who will wash and wax the boat
for $150; two waxjobs a season seem sufficient to protect the gelcoat.
For winter storage, $10 a foot gets the boat shrink-wrapped.

--
* * *
email sent to