Peter Wiley

Default Thanks, Skitch

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 17:33:29 +1000, Oz1
wrote:

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 07:29:11 GMT, (Peter
Wiley) wrote:

Well, I wasn't really and can't think offhand of something to ask at
the moment either....

You could ask how I'm feeling and I'd tell you...not great, this
sleeping in a chair crap is just not happening for me!

It's a bitch. I remember trying to sleep sitting up when I had broken
ribs. Drugs are the answer. Ignore the doctor, what do they ever know?
Most I've known take Pethidine if they have a hangover :-)

Hey Pete, You switched to a soprano sax..straight or bent?

I've always been straight :-)

Oh yeah sure..all those months at sea.......

Think about the availability of marine mammals in an emergency... and
there's no shortage of penguins.

We have mixed sex scientific staff & crew. Very, very, very
mixed........ some years ago there was a panic, the ship was running
out of beer and condoms with 2 weeks to go before port. Exchange rate
was getting towards 1:1 which I thought showed a distressing lack of
imagination on the part of those who wanted the condoms. The beer was
only the rubbish we export to the USA, and not of fit drinking quality
anyway. Those with taste had adequate stocks of Guiness.

These days the ship is almost 'dry' and PS BS has taken its toll on
other aspects of seaborne life. Not as interesting as it used to be
but still heaps better than sitting in the office arguing over Customs
manifesting.