Peter Wiley

Default Thanks, Skitch

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 15:16:39 +1000, Oz1
wrote:

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 05:04:40 GMT, (Peter
Wiley) wrote:

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 09:23:50 +1000, Oz1
wrote:

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 19:20:48 -0400, "Simple Simon"
wrote:

Looks more like a porpoise to me.

Heh heh, Now that is a fine bait!

Care to venture an opinion on how many shark species there are that
have a pronounced hooked dorsal fin, small to nonexistent second
dorsal fin and a homocercal tail?

You talking to me?

Sometimes. On some topics.

If so you just didn't get it.
Wanna tell me if it was a porpoise of a dolphin, please consider the
location.

Btw you can answer your own question for us...you've got five weeks
and it'll save ammo.

Far as I'm aware, there aren't any. Only the pelagic sharks have
homocercal tails. Of those, I can't think of any that have an
invisibly small 2nd dorsal fin and a heavily hooked 1st dorsal fin.

Looks like a cetacean, doesn't key out to be any known shark.
Bob****'s full of it - as usual. As to whether it's a porpoise or
dolphin - dunno. Too little detail to tell and it's not my field.
Hell, I have a hard time telling a fin whale from a humpback. Killers
are the only ones I can identify on sight.

I keep hoping to see a blue whale but never have. Nobody has for years
(on our ships). The damned USSR has a lot to answer for, except they
got what they deserved. *******s kept killing blues long after it was
prohibited and just lied about it. Typical.

OT, a leopard seal killed a diver down south recently. Not an
Australian tho, our divers aren't there yet.