Default #72

On Sun, 15 Dec 2019 09:34:34 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 12/15/19 2:26 AM, wrote:
On Sat, 14 Dec 2019 21:59:27 -0500, Alex wrote:

wrote:
On Fri, 13 Dec 2019 21:43:26 -0500, Alex wrote:

wrote:
On Fri, 13 Dec 2019 08:43:53 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

I bought my CZ new from the CZ Custom Shop and before it was shipped to
my local gun store, I had the Custom Shop convert it to SAO, among other
"customizations," so it had no "double action mode." You had to rack the
slide to put a round in the pipe and that, of course, would cock the
hammer. At that point, if you wished, you could flick on the manual
safety, and "carry" cocked and locked. I never did that. I carried in
Condition 3 when I carried. Usually, though, the pistol was kept in
Condition 4...no mag in the pistol, no round in the chamber, hammer
down, aka "idiot proof safe."
===

I can see an advantage to carrying with a round in the chamber but
with the hammer down - as long as the gun has a double action mode for
the first round. How do you get a round in the chamber without
cocking the hammer? Do you have to lower the hammer manually and hope
your thumb doesn't slip?
That's how it works if you don't have a decocker.
Don't most DAs have a decocker?
Not many.

I guess I have just been around the good ones ;-)

Based on observations at the three public ranges I visit from time to
time, I can report that the mostly "polymer" pistols I see have neither
a traditional safety lever nor a traditional decocker lever. These
pistols are mostly Glocks and clones of Glocks. The one aspect of my
Walther I don't like is that it has neither a safety lever nor a
decocker lever.

Which one is it? The PPs have a decocker.

Glocks are DAO so a decocker would have no function. The striker is
"uncocked" until you pull the trigger.