John H.[_5_] John H.[_5_] is offline

Default Large Radio Controlled Glider Flies Off the Coast of Brittany

On Fri, 15 Nov 2019 14:06:26 -0500, wrote:

I thought this was kind of cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3MgvIdvydM

That would be a blast to fly. I noticed he had a propellor motor on it, possibly for emergencies,
but never deployed it. Cool.

A few weeks back I got a call from a guy in Maryland. He asked if I owned an Apprentice model
airplane. I told him I used to,but I'd donated it to Walter Reed flying club several months ago. He
said he'd just found it in the woods behind his house, and it appeared undamaged. My name and phone
number was still inside the airplane. I called the POC at Walter Reed, and he told me one of the
patients had lost control of it while it was headed away from him. They got it back. Nice ending.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/apprent...w-dxe-efl3100e