Mr. Luddite[_4_] Mr. Luddite[_4_] is offline

Default Sold my Akoustis (AKTS)

On 11/8/2019 12:02 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 7 Nov 2019 19:29:19 -0500, Alex wrote:

wrote:
Stock has not been behaving well lately and I decided to take my
profits and run.

I still like Skyworks (SWKS) however.

I'm accumulating DISH.

===

Unless DISH gets into the 5G business I think they'll lose their
competitive advantage over time. It seems likely to me that the
future of home entertainment is with high speed internet streaming.
The question is who will be best positioned for delivery.

Based on what I've read it will be a while before 5G becomes available
in rural areas. High density, city markets will be getting it first.
It's already available in sections of about 30 cities nationwide.

It will also require consumers to upgrade to new devices capable of
processing 5G and I suspect they won't be cheap. But, in time, it
certainly appears to be the future, putting cable, fios, Dish and
Direct TV on the heap of obsolete technologies.