John H.[_5_] John H.[_5_] is offline

Default boating saturday!

On Mon, 14 Oct 2019 18:57:21 -0000 (UTC), Bill wrote:

John H. wrote:
On Sat, 12 Oct 2019 00:18:16 -0000 (UTC), Bill wrote:

Not my boat, but interesting cruise. Fleet week in San Francisco. Going
out on the Jeremiah Obrien to watch the air show. I always wonder if my
dad worked on this ship. He was a machinist at the Kaiser Richmond yards.
One of only two unaltered Liberty ships.

Hope it was a blast!

Was a beautiful day on the bay. Little wind, sunny. The kids on the boat
had a blast running the bow ack-ack gun. Good show by the fliers. F35
flyby. Unfortunately we are building F35 type planes instead of a modern
A10 with ground pounding guns for soft targets.

I'm with you on the A-10s. They put on a demo for us with live ammunition on the Ft. Sill (Artillery
Center) firing range when I was in school there. Unreal airplane.