Simple Simon

Default Escapism Sailing

One goes sailing for the love of sailing and the love of sailing alone.

Sailing to escape is not a pursuit worthy of a man. It makes a mockery
of the world's most noble way of life. Escapism assumes the escaper
is going back to something he loves more. Anyone who loves anything
more than sailing is no sailor by definition.

"John Cairns" wrote in message ...
That's weird, I thought the whole idea was to escape? Even those folks
sailing around the world(not racing) would probably define their travels as
escapism. If Neal is such critic of escapism sailing, why isn't he racing?
John Cairns
"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
I think Neal went off on a tirade about 'escapism sailing' once. That's

what
I did, went sailing to escape. Been working steady for 3-4 weeks. I needed

break. Took a few days, sailed down to Rock Hall and 'hid' in the boat.
Worked like a charm! Feel much better now and ready to get back to the
grindstone.

BTW, there was 1,233 posts this morning!

Scotty