John H.[_5_] John H.[_5_] is offline

Default Cajun Sweet Potato

On Sun, 02 Jun 2019 19:45:39 -0400, Wayne.B wrote:

On Sun, 02 Jun 2019 16:09:48 -0400, John H.
wrote:

I'll share this recipe with y'all only because I'm a nice guy:

Cajun Baked Sweet Potato
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon rosemary
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 large sweet potato
1 tablespoon olive oil
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine the paprika, brown sugar, black pepper, onion powder, thyme,
rosemary, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Slice the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise; rub the
halves with olive oil, and then spread the seasoning mix over the open half of each potato. (I use a
butter knife.)
Bake for 45minutes or until the sweet potato is tender.
[Note: Simply multiply the recipe for more than one potato.]

===

I may not be visualizing this correctly but that seems like a lot of
rub for just one sweet potato. As I started reading, my guess was
that you were going to scoop out the sweet potato, mash it up with
your ingredients, and then re-stuff it.

Nope, it gets spread on top. It is a bit much, but it would be hard to measure 3/8ths or 3/16ths. I
end up with a little leftover after doubling the recipe for two potatoes. But, I like the stuff, so
I don't mind it being a bit thick. Last night I used chipotle pepper for mine. Gave it a nice touch.
I 'butter' Sandy's 'tater first and then add the chipotle, or cayenne.