John H.[_5_] John H.[_5_] is offline

Default When Shrimp's on Sale!

On Mon, 29 Apr 2019 21:34:29 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 29 Apr 2019 21:03:10 -0400, John H.
wrote:

On Mon, 29 Apr 2019 19:15:57 -0400,
wrote:

On Mon, 29 Apr 2019 15:24:15 -0400, John H.
wrote:

On Mon, 29 Apr 2019 15:15:53 -0400,
wrote:

On Mon, 29 Apr 2019 14:15:23 -0400, John H.
wrote:

I like the big 16-20 shrimp for this. Peel 'em, cut 'em in half and go for it. Might not be good for
you, but it's good!

Shrimp Scampi with Linguini
Ingredients
" 1 pound linguini
" 4 tablespoons butter
" 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
" 2 shallots, finely diced
" 2 cloves garlic, minced (or a lot more!)
" Pinch red pepper flakes, optional
" 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
" Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
" 1/2 cup dry white wine (Sauvignon Blanc does the trick)
" Juice of 1 lemon
" 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley leaves
Directions
For the pasta, put a large pot of water on the stove to boil. When it has come to the boil, add a
couple of tablespoons of salt and the linguini. Stir to make sure the pasta separates; cover. When
the water returns to a boil, cook for about 6 to 8 minutes or until the pasta is not quite done.
Drain the pasta.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter in 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high
heat. Saute the shallots, garlic, and red pepper flakes (if using) until the shallots are
translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper; add them to the pan and
cook until they have turned pink, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the shrimp from the pan; set aside
and keep warm. Add wine and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Add 2 tablespoons butter and 2
tablespoons oil. When the butter has melted, return the shrimp to the pan along with the parsley and
cooked pasta. Stir well and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over a bit more olive oil and serve
immediately.

I did something like that a few days ago. I throw in a couple shakes
of italian seasoning.
I like angel hair tossed in butter, thyme and garlic but that may just
be me.

I do spaghetti that way often. Lots of garlic, oregano and butter. I'm more an oregano type than
thyme. I've got some oregano growing. Might have to plant me an herb garden.

I guess that is why we cook. We get things the way we like them ;-)

I just did a baked Ziti Saturday and I still have some left over I am
picking my way through. Made a Caesar salad tonight with some of the
leftover chicken from last night.

We had company for the past few days. I did a fresh picnic and yesterday some pulled chicken on the
Treager. Came out very good.

I still spin up chickens on the rotisserie. They are basically like
the ones you get at Costco, just fresher (5 minutes from spit to
table). I can also play around with rubs and spices.

I'll spatchcock it and throw it on the Traeger. Low and slow for a couple hours. Comes out good.