#18   Report Post  
posted to rec.boats
external usenet poster

First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Jan 2016
Default Woofer cable works

On Saturday, April 13, 2019 at 6:59:13 AM UTC-4, True North wrote:
Its Me

- show quoted text -

"I read an article on how to build a media room. Â*When building a new house or doing an extensive remodel, you decouple your media room from the rest of the house. Â*It's mainly putting in twice as many 2x4's in the walls (8" centers) so that every other one is offset an inch or so side to side. Â*What that does is allow the sheetrock on on side of the wall to be fastened to 2x4s that are not the same 2x4s that the other side of the walls sheetrock is fastened to. Â*The walls are decoupled, and with some insulation installed in the middle, the sound does not propagate through the wall nearly as much as normal. Â*If you were building a new home and money wasn't an issue, apply the same principle to the floors and ceiling and you have a really quiet media room for both the peeps in there and the rest of the house. Â*Cool concept."

Duh!
That method of soundproofing has been around for a long time.

Duh, yourself.

While that method may have been around for a while, the concept of having a home theater, or media room, is fairly new. Other than a few well-off audiophiles in past years, how many have actually used that method of construction for their homes? Certainly no janitors from the Crown Corp have, eh? How is your media room constructed?