Keyser Soze Keyser Soze is offline

Default Using pellets on a charcoal grill?

On 4/9/19 7:17 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 9 Apr 2019 18:55:37 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 4/9/19 4:19 PM,
wrote:
On Tue, 9 Apr 2019 10:57:08 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 4/9/19 9:29 AM, Tim wrote:
Been wondering about throwing some traeger pellets onmy charcoal grill. At my farm I have about all the cooking Woods I can cut. Cherry, wild plumb, Apple, persimmon, pecan, walnut, etc. one thing I don’t have is mesquite. So I thought after I got the charcoal and royal oak going I’d throw on some mesquite pellets.

Then
I hear that you need to soak them in water and wrap them in punctured tin foil and let them smolder. Then I’m told not to do it at all.

As long as they make smoke who cares. Oh well. I guess I’ll try something to see what doesn’t work..

Too much time on your hands.

Good food takes time.

Oh, I cook lots of nice stuff, but nothing I'd care to spend an entire
day on...

I know, if it can't be done in your instant pot it isn't happening.

Don't knock it if you haven't tried it. The IP can't be beat for certain
types of meals.