Default Using pellets on a charcoal grill?

On Tue, 9 Apr 2019 06:29:34 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

Been wondering about throwing some traeger pellets onmy charcoal grill. At my farm I have about all the cooking Woods I can cut. Cherry, wild plumb, Apple, persimmon, pecan, walnut, etc. one thing I don’t have is mesquite. So I thought after I got the charcoal and royal oak going I’d throw on some mesquite pellets. Then I

hear that you need to soak them in water and wrap them in punctured tin foil and let them smolder. Then I’m told not to do it at all.

As long as they make smoke who cares. Oh well. I guess I’ll try something to see what doesn’t work..

I throw wood chips in my gas grille all the time. It works if you can
keep them from just flaming up. On the metal plates, with low heat
they do smoke tho.
It may just be me but mesquite is not my favorite. I lean toward
hickory most of the time but button wood is good for fish like mahi