Bill[_12_] Bill[_12_] is offline

Default Talking boating in a boat group...

Tim wrote:

On Tue, 26 Mar 2019 06:35:20 -0700 (PDT), Tim
My 1989-90 Mariner 3 cyl 2 stroke 75 was identical to the Merc 70 and
the Yamaha 70 except Yamaha used their lower unit. Merc and Mariner
L/Us were the same and basically the same L/U that lives on as the
"Big Foot" on 40s to 60s along with being standard the 70-90.
I put around 4000 hours on that engine and still got $900 for it.

I do know that yamaha made mariners small in the late 70s

I had a 15 Mariner on my 14’ aluminum skiff. Never a problem with that for
the years I had it. Even used it as a kicker for awhile on my Jet Boat.
Sold the motor and boat to,a guy who had a place in Baja. The motor was a
terrible kicker. The high thrust T-8 put it to shame. The mariner just
stirred the water, with little push at low speeds.