Bill[_12_] Bill[_12_] is offline

Default Talking boating in a boat group...

Tim wrote:

11:32 AMBill
We had a 23’ Magnolia cuddly cabin with dual 35’s. Boat was lightweight
and neared 40 with the 35’s. Dad for some reason switched to 45’s.
Performance was the same.
An article on the boats. They borrow our boat trailer to haul the boat to
the dealer in El Cerrito when they hit a bell buoy in daylight in by the
Richmond harbor. Knocked a small hole in the bow near the rub rail.
http://www.fiberglassics.com/library...title=Magnolia

20 more hp and no difference in performance? Huh.

And how do you run over a bell buoy like that? Blind I guess..

The boat was really pretty lightweight. Goofing around one day by Berkeley
Pier. Was a section between the launch area that was protected from the
wind. Dad was having a beer in the bar and buddy and I were out hot
ridding the boat. We made a sharp turn and the high winds were about 2’
above the water. Caught the bottom and figured were going fore a swim.
Actually lifted one motor out of the water. I think the lack of
performance increase was probably same props and same RPM max.