Default Talking boating in a boat group...

On Tue, 26 Mar 2019 10:12:11 -0700 (PDT), Tim

I remember when Merc came out with that whopping 100 HP. My mother's
boss had to have one (1959-60?)
He had it on a 17' Lone Star down at Port Tobacco Md and it was the
baddest boat on the water at that time. I doubt it did much more than
40 tho.

Sometimes it seems that 40 on the water feels like 90 on land...

Yup that is true. When we were at the Teamsters deal at LOTO there was
a guy with a 15' racing skiff with twin Merc 85s on it and that would
go about 60 with 3 people on board. We really thought we were flying.
These days that is any garden variety flats or bass boat.