Mike

Default removing old names?

I know it's been covered, but I don't remember what the best way was to get
old names off transoms. I have paint as well as vinyl stickies to deal
with. Was it oven cleaner that was suggested? The new documentation papers
say I need to get the name and hailing port changed "before operating the
boat" which will be in a couple of weeks when I bring her up from Ensenada
across the border into the US.

By the way, in case you were wondering. It's OK getting paid to sail that
50' catamaran up and down the coast all day, but I don't think I'd want to
do it more than this one season. There's the distraction from all the
beautiful, scantily clad women (I have the best one waiting for me at home),
the irritation from the darn dolphins and sea lions always getting in my
way, and the people insulting me by offering $100 tips for two hour trips,
among other things, that really kind of spoil it. But when I can sail that
great heavy barge 5 knots for hours, dead down wind, wing and wing, without
the need for a whisker pole or preventer (main traveled clear over, and the
natural spread of the genoa sheeting point doing the trick) listening to
some good reggae and soaking up the beauty of the Santa Barbara coastline,
well, it's almost worth it.
I really do miss the long hours cooped up in a tiny office staring at a
computer screen and having you all as the only entertainment available in
the midst of stress-filled days, honest!
Thanks in advance for any ideas about getting the old name off my "new"
boat.
Life's a beach, then you go sailing,

Mike
www.sailinglinks.com