[email protected] Phantman@yahoo.invalid is offline

Default Boat trailer rim/tire question

True North wrote:
I'd get rid of that old trailer and buy a spanking new galvanized model
that is a proper fit. Those rigs must be cheap down there. Even up here a
light trailer is just over a grand.

On Mon, 18 Mar 2019, Bill wrote:
It may be a trailer in great shape. Just bought with the small tires that
do not do well for long fast trips.

I think you're both right. The trailer is old but it's galvanized, has
new bearings, and in great shape, except it would need new tires even
if I stuck with the 8" rims. You can't have too many trailers though.
In fact, right now I have more boats than trailers. So another one
might make sense too. Especially if I spend much more time fiddling
with this wheel size/spacing conundrum.