Tim Tim is offline

Default Speaking of Chuck roast ...

On Monday, February 25, 2019 at 6:35:52 AM UTC-6, John H wrote:
On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 15:09:38 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

On Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 2:53:59 PM UTC-6, John H wrote:
On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 12:39:21 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

John H
On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 19:44:34 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

Wonder if you could make a good gravy from the liquid left in the pot, make some mashed 'taters, and
eat the chuck roast as a roast instead of sandwiches.

Do you use the bottled, pickled pepperoncinis? And is the Giardiniera this stuff?

https://www.vitacost.com/Images/Prod...3214001026.jpg

John that messers lioks the same under a different label than here. Must be a location thing. And concerning the pelleroncinis, I use the jarred ones and pour in the juice. Smallest jar I can get.

I'm assuming you're typing on a telephone while you driving through potholes.

So the Giardiniera looks about the same - bottled stuff? And the pepperoncinis are also the bottled
ones.

Does that make the roast taste real vinagary?

John, you say bottled I say jar. I usually used the Mt. Olive pepperoncinis, I don't use both. oh my! I suppose one could use either. I've never tried the Giardiniera.

Your original recipe called for a jar of Geardiniera.

I know. It's good either way, but I usually sub with the peppers. That's the way I prefer it.