Paul McGrane[_2_] Paul McGrane[_2_] is offline

Default US - Nereide 2018-10-10

On 2/20/2019 12:09 AM, john szalay wrote:
Paul McGrane wrote in news5-dnft16rB9BvHBnZ2dnUU7-
:

On 2/18/2019 8:31 PM, Bob_R wrote:
Nereide westbound in Cape Cod Canal.

I wonder if they ever use that mast & boom? I don't think I have ever
seen a sail on one of these.

Paul

pretty sure , that the mast & boom are for hoisting the zodiac/dingy
and mount the radar.

but of course , you could put a sail on most anything, the US submarine USS
R-14 (SS-91) had to resort to a makeshift sail when they ran low on fuel

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_R-14_(SS-91)

Yeah, I didn't think of that John :-)

Paul