Tim Tim is offline

Default John got his scooter

Alex
Justan Ohlphart wrote:
True North Wrote in message:
On Thursday, 14 February 2019 20:54:51 UTC-4, True North wrote: Alex - show quoted text - "Perfect for you - just ask the Honda salesman: https://powersports.honda.com/street/minimoto.aspx" I was looking for the info on the Super Cub 125cc. We've all seen the original version of this bike loaded down with an entire family and all their belongings rolling along. When they show up here I'll try it out.Oh oh! SO much for the Super Cub.http://canadamotoguide.com/2018/06/1...25-for-canada/

Is it true that Americans can buy cars made in Kanada cheaper than
Kanadians can?

Possibly. First, there is the exchange rate from US dollars to
Loonies. Then there is the import duty savings if you actually travel
to CA and buy the car there and bring it to the US as a private vehicle.

Many European auto makers have European delivery programs that can save
you a lot of money and, essentially, buy you a vacation. For example, a
BMW that costs $70K is discounted about 7% for a savings of $4900. This
discount is separate from any deals you negotiate with the local
dealer. You fly to Munich, buy your car, and drive around Europe for up
to 30 days (they pay the insurance) and drop it off at one of several
ports. Now you are the exporter so the duties/tariffs are gone and they
ship it to your dealer in the US. Some manufactures include a hotel
stay, dinner, and a factory tour as part of the program.

I’ve heard of that. BMW used to have a program to come over, buy a bike, tour package, ship bike home. All in a reasonable bottom line (I suppose) fee. Don’t know if they still offer that or not.