Tim Tim is offline

Default John got his scooter

True North
When the weather gets better I'll start snooping around the local Honda dealership and try to find out.
Richard is probably right about handling a scooter type bike on dirt and gravel trails. I don't want a full fledged dirt bike because of the rough ride on pavement. My 1976 CanAm 175 TNT was tiresome...and I had trial tires on it...not the knobbies. I remember riding it from my former home out in the burbs to the Canadian Forces Sailing Club at Shearwater (20-25 miles)and when I arrived I could still feel the vibration up through my hands, wrists and into my forearms. After my sailing lesson, I had to then drive all the way home. Not only that...the modern dirt bikes in the 250cc range are quite tall....a long way to fall, especially on a downhill slope. I need to get longer legs or a lower seat height.

I can’t believe how tall trail bikes are anymore. To mountbine you almost need the stand down, put your foot on the peg then swing over. A far cry from my old 350 and 360 Yamaha’s made in the 70s