View Single Post
  #49   Report Post  
posted to rec.boats
external usenet poster

First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Nov 2006
Default John got his scooter

True North
- show quoted text -
When the weather gets better I'll start snooping around the local Honda dealership and try to find out.
Richard is probably right about handling a scooter type bike on dirt and gravel trails. I don't want a full fledged dirt bike because of the rough ride on pavement. My 1976 CanAm 175 TNT was tiresome...and I had trial tires on it...not the knobbies. I remember riding it from my former home out in the burbs to the Canadian Forces Sailing Club at Shearwater (20-25 miles)and when I arrived I could still feel the vibration up through my hands, wrists and into my forearms. After my sailing lesson, I had to then drive all the way home. Not only that...the modern dirt bikes in the 250cc range are quite tall....a long way to fall, especially on a downhill slope. I need to get longer legs or a lower seat height.

I can’t believe how tall trail bikes are anymore. To mountbine you almost need the stand down, put your foot on the peg then swing over. A far cry from my old 350 and 360 Yamaha’s made in the 70s