John H.[_5_] John H.[_5_] is offline

Default Quarterly generator run

On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 14:03:30 -0800 (PST), Its Me wrote:

On Wednesday, February 13, 2019 at 4:27:05 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 14:42:40 -0500, wrote:

I am real happy I don't have that many in my life anymore and that you
can buy a new one for about what a kit costs.

===

I can tell you haven't bought a carb for a Honda outboard recently.
:-)

I've been thru 3 or 4 carbs on my 20 horse dinghy Honda and I think
the last one was over $300. The good news was that I was able to do
the job myself and save the labor charge.

That's crazy. You can buy an Edelbrock 4 barrel carb for just over $300.

https://www.jegs.com/i/Edelbrock/350/1405/10002/-1

But I understand the program. It has "Honda" printed on it, and it goes on a boat. The low pressure fuel pump went out on my Yamaha 250 4 stroke outboard. Over $600 plus the labor later, and she was running again.

B. O. A. T.

The solenoid for the 150 Yamaha on my Key West cost over $500 - just for the damn solenoid!

Tim fixed me up for about $25. Thank God for big favors!