Tim Tim is offline

Default To buy or not to buy...

Mr. Luddite
Yeah, the Silverwings are hard to find. I looked also last summer.

My comments were not about *your* arrangement with the dealer; they
were more general in nature regarding deposits. If he agreed, no
problem exists.

There are a lot of people who put down a small deposit
on something and then expect to get it back if they change their mind.
That's not fair to the seller unless he/she agrees to it.

Selling on Craigslist was a pain in the ass for me and I stopped
using it because people would schedule a visit and then never
show up. For the short period of time I tried using Craigslist
I made it clear that it was "first come, first served".

“No show” is aggravating. On a side note, Over the years I’ve put stipulations in service. I quit saying “I’m open till 5:30” and started saying “i’m Leaving at 5:30”

That changes the game.