John H.[_5_] John H.[_5_] is offline

Default A Brazil Nut a Day...

On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 03:22:11 -0000 (UTC), Bill wrote:

John H. wrote:
...may keep prostate cancer at bay!

https://www.drjohnlapuma.com/vitamin...ostate-cancer/

Consumer Reports latest health bulletin also pushes Brazil nuts as a
defense against Alzheimers.
Apparently selenium is some pretty good stuff, but it can be overloaded,
which is why only one or
two nuts a day is recommended.

Selenium in excess is not good. We have lots of natural selenium in the
hills above the Central Valley. Was an environmental disaster when the
field drain catchment basins had birds nesting there and having two heads,
etc. they removed all growth around so the birds would not nest in the
area.

Very true. We Brazil nut lovers must limit ourselves to only one or, at the most, two per day.