Bill[_12_] Bill[_12_] is offline

Default On tap for tonight

wrote:
On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 05:52:45 -0000 (UTC), Bill

On Mon, 11 Feb 2019 16:45:18 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

On Monday, February 11, 2019 at 12:50:44 PM UTC-6, John H wrote:
Blackened mahi mahi. Costco had fresh mahi mahi on sale.

https://www.fromvalerieskitchen.com/...ned-mahi-mahi/

Over in Hawaii, we saw some of those swim past our tour catamaran. Those
are one fast fish!

I remember the first time I was fishing blue water off of Hattaras the
guy had the boat up on top and he put a few lines out with "Chinese
Feathers" on them, a big honking metal plug.
I asked if he was just doing that so we would think we were fishing
while we were running out to the good spot. He just laughed and a
minute later a Mahi hit a plug. We were doing about 25-30.
Mahi are the same way, fast fish.
The little schoolies are weird tho. If you have one hooked in the
water, they will all come around to see what he is eating and you can
fill the boat if you wanted to, as long as you keep one hooked in the
water.
Most responsible captains will say "That's enough" after you catch a
few each. They know preserving the resource is preserving their job.

When I go on long range trips, we can not use plugs on Dorado, same fish.
Have to use bait, as they are so fast and energetic that if they throw the
plug, it may come flying back aboard.

===

I've had very good luck with something called a pink and white rattle
jet. It was originally recommended to me by a guy who does a lot of
fishing on the east coast of FL and he was right. We troll it at our
cruising speed of about 8 1/2 knots.

https://afwfishing.com/ch-lures_products/CH-RJ-13.asp

---
https://www.avg.com

Looks a lot like the trolling feathers we use, except for color. West
coast we use a lot of purple and Mexican Flag.