Donal

Default unusual docking situation

"Scout" wrote in message
thanks Gerard,
the front lines are doable, but the back lines seem to get hung up in the
motor when I cross them.
Yes to the 3 strand twisted nylon.
Scout

I wouldn't use P2 and P3 to stop the outboard hitting the dock.

I am assuming that the dock is at the bottom of your picture, that you have
reversed into your slip, and that your outboard protrudes over the stern.

I would run lines from P2 and P3 to the stern of the boat. These lines
would prevent the boat backing into the dock. I would also run lines from
x1 and x2 to the bow of the boat. These lines will prevent the boat from
moving forward. These four lines should be made off very tight, as they
will stretch.

The bow and stern lines are only to prevent lateral movement, and only need
to be tight enough to stop the boat moving too far sideways. My boat always
ends up with tight springs, and drooping bow and stern lines.

Regards

Donal