Bill[_12_] Bill[_12_] is offline

Default Anyone ever made pupusas?

John H. wrote:
On Mon, 11 Feb 2019 19:15:09 -0000 (UTC), Bill wrote:

John H. wrote:
I'm thinking of giving them a shot using this recipe:

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/pupusas

Never had 'em before. But it might be time we all learn to enjoy 'south
of the border' food.

Pupusas can be great. We get them at local places here. Best was in age
80’s. Worked with a lady from El Salvador and her husband open d a pupusa
restaurant. Basically a quesadilla using Masa instead of corn meal for the
tortilla.

Have you ever tried to make your own? A five-pound bag of Masa costs only about $3.

I use the masa for making tamales. Last ones, were really toooooo hot!
Forgot and ground up the real hot chiles instead of removing them before
blending the sauce.