Default Anyone ever made pupusas?

On Mon, 11 Feb 2019 12:40:51 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

John H
I'm thinking of giving them a shot using this recipe:

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/pupusas

Never had 'em before. But it might be time we all learn to enjoy 'south of the border' food.

I haven’t. It looks like a modified tor-tillo to me. Lol!

It looks like a real quesadilla, (not the thing you get at Taco Bell)
except they are deep fried.
We had some in Mexico on a horse back riding adventure with lunch
included. We were riding through the woods with some gringo girl from
Nevada who wintered in Mexico and we came to a small shack in a
clearing. An old Mexican woman made these for us along with a tray of
fruits and stuff,
It was actually an interesting day getting the perspective of an
American who lived out in the boonies in Mexico hustling up a living.
One tip we got, always wipe off any bottle you are going to drink out
of, before and after opening it. They are filthy. Spill a little after
you open it and wipe again.
Since these things are usually hot as soon as you leave town, that is
not a problem, they will foam over.