Scout

Default unusual docking situation

I know graphics attachments are not appreciated, so here is my best shot at
communicating the arrangement with an acceptable graphic. My boat is "me".
I tie off at points P2, P3, x1, and x2. At this point the lines are not
crossed. Pilings P2 and P3 would keep a longer boat in line, but a bigger
boat would probably not be able to squeeze into the slot. So they gave it
to me. I was happy to get it because it seems someone has to die to get a
slip here.
I keep P2 and P3 just short enough so my outboard does not bump the dock, or
worse, get stuck under it at low tide. The x2 line keeps me from angling
and hitting boat A, while x1 keeps me from hitting the floating work
platform 'C'
You folks gave me a few new ideas to try, thanks.
Donal, my NOAA chart says this about the tide: "with strong winds of long
duration, the change in depth may amount to a maximum of 3 feet above or
below the normal high or low water respectively."
Also Donal, the third device you mentioned sounds like what I had in mind.
Now that I know they exist, I will start looking and asking in marine shops.
Thanks again to all of you for your help.
Scout

P4 X
A X
A B B B B B B B B B B B B X
A X
P1 A P2 P3 X
A X
A me C C C C C C C C C X
A me C C C C C C C C C X
A me C C C C C C C C C X
A me C C C C C C C C C X
A me X
X A X me X X X X X X X
X A X me X X
X A X me X Gazebo X
X A X me X X
X X x1 X x2 X X X X X X

whe X = Stationary Dock
A = 38' Fishing Boat
B = 25' Motorboat
C = Floating Work Platform
me = my 21' sailboat (including outboard motor)
P* = Piling with tie-up cleat
x1, x2 = tie up cleats