Donal

Default unusual docking situation

"Scout" wrote in message

I don't know if anyone has the answer, but I know I'm sure to get a few
bruises/laughs!
Thanks in advance.

Have you tried using spring lines, either instead of, or in conjunction with
your bow and stern lines?

What is the normal spring tide? What are the exceptional tides like?

I've seen three different devices.

Two are fairly simple, but they only give a couple of inches of expansion.
They are really intended for protection against sudden shock loadings.

One uses a length of thick rubber with an eye in both ends and the mooring
line is wrapped around it.
The other is a DIY version. You open up the strands in a three strand
mooring line, and feed in some bungee cord for about 18 inches. This
results in a "fat" section which can stretch by compressing the bungee cord.

The third device might be more suitable. It is a heavy duty spring that
compresses as the line gets tighter. This might provide 8-10" of expansion.

Regards

Donal