Default Wow...road test on my...

On Sat, 2 Feb 2019 13:06:17 -0500, Keyser Söze wrote:

wrote:
On Sat, 2 Feb 2019 09:18:27 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

...308, except I went for the 18" barrel and upgraded BCG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgNSwASaj-E

I would think an accuracy guy like you would go for the longer
barreled .308s.
Short barreled guns like that are for tactical situations like
clearing buildings.
A significant amount of the powder burns after the bullet leaves the
barrel. That was the biggest single gripe against the M1A SOCOM

An 18” barrel is good out to many hundreds of yards with proper ammo. Many
AR 10s are somd with 16” barrels. Rifle already is heavy enough.

They are just trying to emulate the "Jungle Carbine" (CAR 15) that
came out of Vietnam. Are you really humping through the jungle hunting
Charlie?
BTW 16" is the shortest barrel you can have without another Form 4,
another loophole weapon.
I am surprised you don't have an "AR Pistol" except I doubt your state
would let you buy one.